Monday, July 1, 2013

lists on lists on lists

Follow my blog with Bloglovin


You know that feeling you get when you buy a brand new notebook and you open it up and see those pristine, blank white pages staring up at you, just waiting, begging even, to be filled with ideas, lists, and whatever else inspires you to put pen to paper? It's one of the best feelings in the world if you ask me. Which I know you didn't but you chose to come here, and I get to make the rules. 


Anyway, that sense of newness and possibility is how I feel every year when my birthday comes around. I literally couldn't care less about New Year's resolutions, but once it's June, I start making lists of things I want to do, places I'd like to see, and crafts I want to sabotage. And, that brings us here. Cause, you see, I may be the world's best list maker (I've got notebooks full of 'em, some with pictures even!) but I'm also the world's worst list completer. Sometimes I lose them, sometimes I just never look at them again, but the main point here is that the majority of the time I never end up finishing anything I start out to do. Up until this point my life has been full of half-finished projects. But I'm determined to fix that. Starting now. 

So here it is, a list of 25 goals that I'm GOING to complete before my 26th birthday. And it's on the internet. So I can't lose it. Or forget about. Or act like it never existed in the first place. 


So, any bets on how long this will last?



2 comments:

  1. I can totally relate to this. I have a shelf full of journals that I wrote in approximately once and then never looked at again. They're so addicting! I love your first list too. I'd like to do all those things, too. I'd add, "Take a trip to Portland." I don't want to sound discouraging, but making a quilt is a daunting task! I so badly want to make one, but I'm so afraid I'll give up halfway through. You should see my sewing room. It's a graveyard of half finished projects. I'm rooting for you to follow through. And I'll live vicariously through you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, i'm sure if i ever even start a quilt, it will take me like five years to complete. but i've been throwing the idea around for about two years now, so even starting on one would be a success for me!

      Delete